7.16.2010

vacancy

Coming up a penny short
you'll never know a dollars worth
fading photographs, fraying threads
dance the memories in our heads
the likes of you wont find their place
in a world of 'you're not good enough'
and a universe of 'we don't care'
you send me there, you take me back
I'd like to stay, but feeling sick and a little small
I find my way into vacancy
I find my way into vacancy.
Stuttered breaths
and tape on our mouths,
see the grey, no black and white
to know about
you left something here that I can't return
and you stole something torn, that cannot burn
fit the shape or hit the curb
there's nothing left in your empty world
I'll find my way out of vacancy
I'll find my way out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.

{8.15.09}


"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty" -Albert Einstein

what you missed