-.-
my long slender fingers slide gracefully across the elegant bindings of each book. The faded colors, a reminder of their purpose. Where is it? I search endlessly, pacing faster down the crowded library shelves. It has to be here? He said it would be here. I continue to search, paying close attention to every single book. Finally, at the end of the shelf in the darkest outermost corner of the building. It lay there menacingly. As if it were mocking me. My heart starts to pound in my chest. You have to. Just grab it. Don't open it, or he'll find out everything. I take a step forward. I reach my hand out and carefully wipe the dust off its leathery cover. Its binding, worn and frayed. Loose pages stick out the sides. I hold it in my hands for only but a second, and just feel it. Feel the power emulate from its golden pages. Feel its danger, its strong warning. Feel its mystery, pages left unturned, unread, rejected from all human eyes. What are you doing? Go. It's almost too late. Hurry. I snap out of the trance and back into reality. I quickly but carefully place the book in the inside of my coat and dash out the door. I must hurry. Or else I'll be stuck here forever.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comments!