She presses her hand against my cheek and starts to daze. She is looking at me, with those big brown eyes- staring straight at me as if she can see into the very core of my existance. A shiver runs down my spine. They are mesmerizing. Her hand is like ice on my cheek. I reach up and cup her small hand in mine. She's still looking at me. My heart starts to race. faster, faster. My breathing, slow and hard. Time itself seems to stand still in its place as she stares into my eyes. I feel faint, dizzy. I feel as if the entirety of my being is exposed, naked to her impenetrating gaze. Then I realize- she is looking into my soul.
-.-
His face is pale. As if he has seen a ghost. His lips, a pale cherry red, parted slightly. I put my hand on his cheek. It is soft, pure. I fix my eyes on his. I see their deep blue. I see their fear. What is this fear? Fear of me.. yes. Fear of the future.. yes. I see their happy. Happy years spent dreaming. Happy ignorance, as in childhood. Less, happy.. Why? I see their pain. Their pain.. troubled nights spent worrying. A Loss of confidence in that happiness that he once held so close. now pain. I wonder. I see them- as they will be. Years, and years past. As two cold spheres- the color of tears. I see as they will be in sadness. Sad years to come? Will it be because of me? yes.. I do hurt him. yes.. I will hurt him. Sadness from what happens to the world. I see them as they will be in guilt. Guilt of the past. Guilt of wishing he could have done things differently, perhaps. I see them as they will be in wisdom. Yes, they will become very wise eyes.. they will see almost as I do now. So very wise.. and yet I see that they will still have that sweet innocence in them. That beautiful hope. Oh, how I wish for that innocence which he has and always will have in his eyes. I crave for it. But I can never have it.He puts my hand in his. My body shakes in sudden anguish from the things which I have seen in him. If only there were a way for him to see himself, as I see him- with that enduring innocence and hope, that wisdom, that pain, that guilt, that happiness.. oh how I wish he could truly see, the way I see. Through my eyes.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comments!