Before the saddness,
before the fight,
before hiding in the darkness,
before finding the light..
After all the searching,
after all the tears,
after all the quesioning,
after all my fears..
Having faith when I want to doubt,
whispering softly when I want to shout.
holding it in when I should let it out..
Seeing now what I couldn't see,
trusting Him instead of blaming me.
Finding hope when there's nothing left,
Becoming who I want to be..
I know I never would've seen,
the purpose of eternity,
I know I would have given up,
without my saviors love for me..
Sometimes it seems like He's not there,
it's hard to understand how much He cares,
But if you keep your eyes turned up,
you'll realize that life's not so tough.
So let Him guide you through the sea,
and allow his love to set you free.
Escape through Him,
God Almighty.
10.27.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.
{8.15.09}

"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty"
-Albert Einstein



Great poem Keara!
ReplyDeleteKeara, Your words are absolutely beautiful. I love all your writings. I hope you are keeping them together so one day you may have all your poems published for the world to read and enjoy. You are a very talented young woman and I am ever so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteAlways my love and prayers are with you.
Grandma Souder