My hand placed softly on my chin, gazing out the cold glass window- looking into the white sun. They say your not supposed to stare at the sun, because it hurts your eyes. But I look at anyway. The sparkling rays grip my soul and stretch out across a thousand miles into the sky. Then my gaze lowers to the soft earth. My heart stops for a second. I hear her speak to me. The way a mother whispers to her child. She is crying, the earth is crying. She tells me that she is getting sick and slowly dying. I ask what I can do to help but she just sighs and sheds one last tear on the window. Her eternal eyes dripping with sorrow in the form of tiny raindrops.
My soul is connected to the souls of all God's creations. I feel the sadness of their souls. A million tears falling to the dying earth.
He sits beside me, my mortal companion. Looking at me as I stare into space. He sees me, trembling and puts his perfect hands around mine. I look into his eyes as he stares at the ground- I sense the pain. I close my eyes. How could I do this to him? I'm hurting him. I can see it. I tighten my grip around his hand and place it across my heart. I wish I could tell him. But then, it would just hurt him more. The things I see are too much for human eyes to see. The things I hear, too hard for human ears to hear. My sixth sense imprisons me in my own thought, never to escape..
I tell myself that it will all go away soon and that I will enoy normal activities again- but in my heart I know that can never happen. There is a reason why God gave me the gift. There is a reason why I need to see these things. There is a reason why. My destiny is in His hands now and I am putting my full trust in Him. Only by great pain does hope come. For Jesus Christ, the savior of the world, went through great pain. Therefore, I will wait. Pressing on through the darkness, with the pain of my savior, into the light of the future- into the sun.
11.05.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.
{8.15.09}

"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty"
-Albert Einstein



Keara, You have such a great talent. I am always amazed at the beauty of your words. The gift of sharing and writing down your thoughts is something I wish I could do so eloquently as you. You are a very special young woman and I am proud to have you for my granddaughter. Thank you for all your wonderful writings. Keep it up and one day have them all published. I love you with all my heart.
ReplyDeleteGrandma Souder