So, what happens when the whole world gets flipped upside down and your priorities change?... what happens when nothing seems to be the same to you anymore and you just need to get away?..
You do absolutely nothing.
Waiting for fate to be played out like you're a puppet on a string. Waiting, stuck in the same place you've been in your whole life. Nothing changing... Life doesn't seem to be going anywhere and your potential-limited..
If only there was some sort of escape.. although I am figuratively powerless to do anything due to my age, I feel like i'm trapped- bound to low expectations by the culturally dull society in which I currently live in. Of course, there's nothing I can do about it but I still feel the way I do. I don't think I can do the things I'm meant to do here in this city, too many distractions. I want to escape the same never ending loop of average routine i go through every single day. I want to do more... be more.. see more.. but first I have to escape- somehow.
10.15.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.
{8.15.09}

"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty"
-Albert Einstein



I don't know Keara. I've lived in California, Arizona, Utah and even Germany. And now I'm in Texas but my family is still in Washington. I used to enjoy the independence but now I just really miss them. There are many times I've needed my mom or my sisters and being so far away from them makes that impossible most of the time. In other words, it's lonely. I love to travel and see things, but it's good to have home to come back to.
ReplyDeleteI think what you are feeling is a natural tendency for anyone your age. It's the start of you becoming you, independent of your family and that feeling that you are ready to be your own person.
You know? I think you are an amazing girl and I have every confidence that when the day comes that we have to let you out in this world, you will do wonderfully. Just remember that you are a daughter of God and to keep Him close to you.
But can we keep you for a few more years? :-)
PS Hope you do well at your competition this weekend. I'm sorry we won't be able to see you tonight. Your poor dad had some stuff piled on him last minute and he's been working so hard to pull it together. But we will see you on Sunday!