We play our little games, laugh and cheer and drink our beer. While our world lays dying. There's no school today, but only because the weather is lying. The snow is black today. I'll try to be cheerful, i'll try to deny the fear that's growing inside me. I'll try to behave, and not cause trouble when my country is trying to sleep. But I have eyes to see. The snow is black today. I'll wander the streets, pretending I do not see the piles of garbage and trash around me. I'll go to the park, and swing on the swings a little longer. But it's hard to pretend that the air isn't suffocating me, I will elide the uncertainty. The snow is black today.
I'll drive to the mall, and watch as the carbon dioxide swallows us all. I'll wave to the man with the dollar bill in his hand, and give a smile to the lady smoking next to her van. I'll watch and stare, while you're not aware- that the snow is black today. The world is much smaller when news comes from your father, who has nothing much to say at all. And everything is okay as long as they say, there's no way they can get past this wall.
I'll do the same things that I did yesterday, to find comfort when things stay the same. I'll watch on tv, just waiting to see, if anyone else saw the same things that I see. I'll cover my teeth and wipe off the grease, the filth that accumulates me. And swallow the stones, and take pills for my bones, Because that's what health means to me. I find it hard to say, that this world is okay, when I see all the things that I see. But my mouth will stay quiet, while inside is a riot, most definitely eating at me. I'll promise to read, and to work, and to play, and ignore all the words that just wont go away.
But the snow is still black today.
2.02.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.
{8.15.09}

"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty"
-Albert Einstein




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comments!