9.05.2010

poetry from a 7 year old me

Today I just happened upon an old notebook of mine from when I was a little girl and just started reading some of these poems I wrote, and thought I would share.. kind of interesting to see how strange i was even as a 7 year old..

boozoo bugilys, that's what they call us,
our faces turn red,
but we dont make one fuss.
Our life is a cruel one,
they bite off our heads,
we have to eat glass,
and we sleep in cold beds.
But that's not the reason that we like to stay here,
the only reason is that,
we dont cry with our eyes we cry with our ears...

why are bugs so creepy
why is the sun so shiny
why dont snakes have ears
why does my brother repeat everything he hears..
why cant i answer any of these questions
why dont i have the answers
why cant i understand,
why did i ask you for the answers,
when i already know who can..

i sit alone,
by myself
on my throne
i wait,
and stare
and watch
and glare
at something i never had..
someone who cares.
the way i used to love
is nothing now
for when i watch you
you just look down..
i try to hide away my fears
of losing hope
and hide my tears
as i watch, i see
there may not be
any hope for me.

2 comments:

  1. what the heck keara

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ agreed. But still very meaningful thoughts, esp. for a 7 year old. I don't think that too many people have this much going on up there even after years. And I like your playlist better than the one I just made myself, but it has alot of the same artists :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.

{8.15.09}


"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty" -Albert Einstein

what you missed