1.22.2010

at sixteen

"they say I 'did it' on purpose... but she doesn't understand that the problem isn't doing at all, it's thinking: I can't think of anything but murder. I have no idea why, it just happens"
-Divided Minds by Pamela and Carolyn Spiro

At sixteen-
what do people know about that girl under the mask?
the empty looks, the skeptic thoughts..
a wave of maddness that kreeps into her mind as she tries so hard to just be a normal teenager.
At sixteen..
sees the world.
feels the cries-
all the voices.
At sixteen
find herself reading more than shopping
thinking more than sleeping
and writing more than eating.
At sixteen
she worries
carries an unbearable burden..
the burden of lives
a million pieces of broken glass
falling to the floor.

But they will never know

At sixteen,
I've found the world, I've found escape,
I've found me,

even if she's not exactly who I want to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.

{8.15.09}


"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty" -Albert Einstein

what you missed