During general conference today, Elder Anderson expressed, "The lord will shape our back for the burdens placed upon it." It just really hit me. It was such a great statement. I know that God doesn't give us trials and hardships that we can't handle. He knows us each individually and want us to be able to learn. He gives us our trials so that we can be shaped into the people we're supposed to become. He will prepare us so that we will be able to bear the burdens that come into our lives.
Sometimes we feel like were alone. Like we are the only one who has to go through this. Like nobody can relate to how we're feeling. But we are never alone. God will never, never, leave us. Even when we have given up on ourselves. He still believes in us. He still loves us unconditionally as his children. He knows what we are going through and only wishes that we would look to him for help.
I know that life is hard sometimes. I know that people hurt one another. I know that feeling of sadness and doubt. But then I can see that there is a reason I have the problems that I have. They make me who I am. They help me find my strength.
Kelsey, I want you to know how strong you are. I want you to know that you are a child of God. He loves you, I love you. I want you to know that the only reason you are you is because of things you've been through. I want you to know that you are beautiful, no matter how the world sees you- you are beautiful in every way. So beautiful. The thing that makes me so sad is when you tell me how you hate your life and that you are just some ugly girl with glasses. It seriously makes me want to cry. I want you to see yourself the way I see you. You're eyes are beautiful because they stand for your strength. Think about who you would be without your eyes. You can't even begin to comprehend the importance of your life. You are so so so so important! Why can't you just see that? The thing that would give me the most joy in life is to see you look in the mirror and say, "that's me."
4.05.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.
{8.15.09}

"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty"
-Albert Einstein



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comments!