Enter here the show's about to begin
step it up,
right here
right now.
it's all the scenes of all those
broken dreams
and you've given up
when you've fallen down
the stage is yours
so just pretend-
That the lights will shine
and the days will fly
through the goodbyes of time
into the empty sky
so just trust your lines
to find your will to live
your will to pretend.
All these lies keep sinking in.
Deeper, deeper, into my skin.
Seeking refuge in the fake smiles,
the fake laughs,
the fake conversations,
fake, fake, fake...
I'm losing myself in who I wish I was.
Can't I just be me?
Really, truly, just- me?
Maybe one day I won't have to pretend to be happy.
Maybe one day, I will be.
Maybe that day will be today.
And maybe I can be me
without hiding who I hated being.
I'll laugh for today, but tomorrow I cry.
I'll sing for you now, but my song lost its goodbye.
I'll believe in myself, when death is too near.
And breath deep, to let go of my fear.
How to pretend that it's not the end,
How to see past a dying friend?
I'll sleep for today, but my mind's wide awake.
Help me to see,
Please let me be me.
I don't want to pretend,
anymore...
3.15.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.
{8.15.09}

"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty"
-Albert Einstein



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comments!