"I have learned not to think little of any one's belief, no matter how strange it be. I have tried to keep an open mind; and it is not the ordinary things of life that could close it, but the strange things, the extraordinary things, the things that make one doubt if they be mad or sane."
-Bram Stoker's Dracula
Hello, my name is Insanity. I sneak into your heart when you think your life makes sense and take hold of your mind until you see the world as it is, a confusing, chaotic, crazy, place. And that's not even the half of it.
You know you're insane when:
a) you begin to hear strange noises, children laughing, screaming, voices in the night..
b) you find that you are constantly talking to yourself, even when your not..
c) other people give you that look of incredulous skepticality that makes you want to scream "IM NORMAL" at the top of your lungs
d) you can't discern between true and false, real and fake, logical and unreasonable..
Unfortunately I am all of these symptoms. It gives me a funny sort of guilty pleasure to be able to take control of a human's soul and take it for a long lonely ride down crazy lane. HA. and the irony of it all? you are probably thinking that what I'm saying is crazy. Of course, I am Insanity after all. All I do, I do it to bomb the norms of society. You see, you are born with my name stamped onto your forhead. But then, as you enter the world they corrupt the complexity and slowly begin to simplify your emotion until I am completely terminated from your body. The ones fortunate, ironically speaking, enough to have held on to me throughout their life and whom are presently Insane- scorned, laughed at, different. They are real. Insanity isn't a corruption of the human brain. But, instead- The world is a corruption of Insanity. So those who find me, find reality, truth, in the strange and complicated twisted thoughts in their head while the sane find confusion in the "truth" of society. Crazy, all this Insanity bubbles down to one Crazy Insanity. Insanity is Sane and Sanity is Corrupt. How's that cup of tea taste? Bittersweet, my friend, bittersweet.
1.03.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.
{8.15.09}

"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty"
-Albert Einstein



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comments!