I had a little dream
once upon a time
that I would be someone
someone really special one day..
I had a little dream
that I would change
the way everybody sees
I had a little dream
the world would be
a better place..
and for some reason
dreams aren't the same
when your heart
is filled with shame..
people make you doubt,
throw away the key
and lock you out..
push and shove
until you fall down,
mock and mock
stand your ground..
I once had a little dream
that I could change the world.
I once felt a plea,
to give to those in need.
I once lived a life
so simple it did seem.
I once gave up on love
as it hung there on a string.
I let it bleed,
until a scab
ended all the pain..
I had a dream
some many years ago
that somehow
didn't make it,
didn't grow.
So tell me now
why don't they see?
why don't they believe,
what's inside of me..
why do they hide
instead of seek?
are they too proud?
or just too meek..
I had a little dream,
you see
that found its way
inside of me
and once there
it did find
a great big tree
that it could climb
Believe in me.
that's all I ask
I have a dream,
don't let it pass.
I have a dream
I will succeed.
these many dreams
inside of me.
1.03.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.
{8.15.09}

"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty"
-Albert Einstein



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comments!