Pushing my way through the crowded hallway of my high school I pass so many different people. We pass eachother without a glance... after all we are all but strangers. Every day- we are put in this place where we are forced to come together. And yet never come to connect to those outside our social circles. I have gotten to know so many totally different types of people... And recently I have been looking at them... really looking. Thinking about how people try as hard as possible to hide their story, their innermost desires. They feel it is not important... which makes my heart break. But when I do finally reveal the other side of them, worlds are opened. Which is both good and bad...for me at least. It's just it... it makes me think. And when I think- this deep connection within me snaps and my brain spins in different directions its extremely strange. There are some of my friends that i found out just how hard their life has been and...its just... hard. Hard to realize that. And then, I find myself up all night thinking about those people and trying to figure out what I can do to help but it doesn't seem like theres anything I can do and I just keep thinking and thinking, I can't handle it. I just can't... i don't know... Like just been thinking about this kinda stuff a LOT lately... I dunno. Sorry if none of this is making any sense...
i promise it doesn't make sense to me either...
5.09.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.
{8.15.09}

"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty"
-Albert Einstein



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comments!