4.10.2009

good friday

These are some thoughts about my savior from my journal:

March 30, 2008
The Savior's arms-
When I feel alone,
When no one helps me through,
My one true friend is there
with a firm and helping hand.
He wraps his arms around me
and whispers with a still small voice
'Everythings okay'
Smiling we together stand
hand in helping hand
My savior, my one true friend
has helped me stand again.
I have such love for the savior and feel like I know him like I know my best friend. I can feel his love for me, especially during this time of year- easter time. When we remember his atoning sacrifice for the sins of world and his ressurection. Just knowing that he loved me enough to die for me and suffer like he did, makes me feel so amazing. He helps me in my trials because he felt my pain. I am so grateful for the atonement and it is so important to me in my life because it gives me hope and strength to know that I can recieve forgiveness when I make mistakes. Even though the story of his death is one of extreme inhumanity and cruelty and betrayal- it is also one of love and hope and peace.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."-John 3:16

3 comments:

  1. I love this background. I wanted to use it but my friend has it on her blog and I didn't want to copy. I'm totally jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



i'm fifteen years old.
i have a gift
and one day i will use it to
change the world.

{8.15.09}


"A human being is a part of a whole. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty" -Albert Einstein

what you missed